From Sandy <snickerdoodl...@gmail.com>
Subject specifying number of nodes for job
Date Sun, 07 Sep 2008 18:25:26 GMT
Hi,

This may be a silly question, but I'm strangely having trouble finding an
answer for it (perhaps I'm looking in the wrong places?).

Suppose I have a cluster with n nodes each with m processors.

I wish to test the performance of, say,  the wordcount program on k
processors, where k is varied from k = 1 ... nm.

How would I do this? I'm having trouble finding the proper command line
option in the commands manual (
http://hadoop.apache.org/core/docs/current/commands_manual.html)

Thank you very much for you time.

-SM