From chandravadana <Chandravadana.Selvach...@cognizant.com>
Subject Re: 1 file per record
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2008 09:33:32 GMT

hi

i'm writing an appln which computes using the entire data from a file.
for that purpose i dont want to split my file and the entire file shd go to
map task..
i've been able to override isSplitable() do it and the file is not getting
split now..
then..
i had to store the input values to an array..(in map func) and then proceed
with my computation. when i displayed that array i found only the last line
of the file getting displayed... does this mean that data is read line by
line by the line reader and not continously.
if so, what shd i do inorder to read complete contents of the file...

Thank you
Chandravadana S