From "Dmitry Pushkarev" <u...@stanford.edu>
Subject RE: Installing Hadoop on OS X 10.5 single node cluster (MacPro) posted to wiki
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2008 04:10:00 GMT
Awesome, wish I had it couple of weeks ago.

By the way, can someone give me a Jython code that interacts with HBase?
I want to learn to write simple mapreducers (for example to go over all rows
in a given column, compute something, and put result into another column).
It work I promise to write detailed wiki page.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sandy [mailto:snickerdoodle08@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, September 14, 2008 8:58 PM
To: core-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Installing Hadoop on OS X 10.5 single node cluster (MacPro) posted
to wiki

Hi all,

I just posted a set of instructions on how to install hadoop on a Mac Pro
single node cluster. Please let me know if you see any changes to be made or
if you have any suggestions or comments!

It can be viewed here:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Running_Hadoop_On_OS_X_10.5_64-bit_(Single-Nod
e_Cluster)

Thanks,