From Mori Bellamy <mbell...@apple.com>
Subject question on fault tolerance
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2008 17:34:00 GMT
hey all,
i have a job consisting of three MR jobs back to back to back. the
each job takes an appreciable percent of a day to complete (30% to
70%). even though i execute these jobs in a blocking fashion:
JobClient.runJob(conf);
JobClient.runJob(conf2);

the successful execution of one job does not guarantee that the next
job in the pipeline starts. (i.e. i can log on to my taskTracker and
see that conf's job finished successfully, but conf2's job never
started). does anybody else have this problem? can anyone offer advice?

the only thing i can think of is that some other people with access to
my cluster are accidentally killing jobs, but i doubt that's the case.