From Michael Bieniosek <mich...@powerset.com>
Subject Re: Examples of using DFS without MapReduce
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2008 21:27:31 GMT
You can make shell calls:

hadoop/bin/hadoop fs -fs namenode.example.com:10000 -ls /

If you're in java, you can use the org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem class:

Configuration config = new Configuration();
config.set("fs.default.name", "namenode.example.com:10000")
FileSystem fs = FileSystem.get(config);
fs.listStatus(new Path("/"))

-Michael