From "Andy Fraley" <andy_fra...@hotmail.com>
Subject JobTracker Web interface sometimes does not display in IE7
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2008 20:52:01 GMT
Minor issue in case anyone else gets tripped up trying to use IE7 to view
Hadoop Web GUIs like I have been.  My server configuration is all Fedora 9.
I have two master machines running NameNode and JobTracker and two slave
machines running DataNode and TaskTracker.  When I access my JobTracker
server from IE7 on a Windows XP desktop using <hostname>:50030, it fails
with error saying "<hostname>" protocol type unrecognized.  If I specify
leading http:// as in http://<hostname>:50030 it works fine.  I only have
this problem access JobTracker Web GUI.  Accessing NameNode, DataNode, or
TaskTracker Web GUI from IE7 works fine with or without the leading http://.
And from Windows XP using either Safari or Firefox, I can access all four
(NameNode, DataNode, JobTracker, TaskTracker) Web GUIs fine with or without
leading http:// prefix.  So the leading prefix http:// issue on JobTracker
seems to only affect IE7.

-Andy Fraley

 andy_fraley@hotmail.com