From "Wanjari, Amol" <a...@amazon.com>
Subject RE: EOFException while starting name node
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2008 07:49:12 GMT
Thanks. It worked.

Amol

-----Original Message-----
From: lohit [mailto:lohit_bv@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2008 10:20 PM
To: core-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: EOFException while starting name node

We had seen similar exception earlier reported by others on the list.
What you might want to try is to use a hex editor or equivalent to open
up 'edits' and get rid of the last record. In all cases, the last record
might not be complete so your namenode is not starting. Once you update
your edits, start the namenode and run 'hadoop fsck /' to see if you
have any corrupt files and fix/get rid of them.
PS : Take a back up of  dfs.name.dir before updating and playing around
with it.

Thanks,
Lohit