From Alberto Forcén <otrebl...@yahoo.es>
Subject Linux server clustered HDFS: access from Windows eclipse Java application
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2008 09:16:44 GMT
Hi all.

I'm running a clustering HDFS on linux and I need to access files (I/O) from eclipse Java
application running on Windows. It seems simple, but is it possible?

I have write code using API but I have a problem: when code invokes DistributedFileSystem.initialize()
method I receive an exception: java.net.SocketTimeoutException

[code]
String ipStr = "192.168.75.191";
String portStr = "9000";
String uriStr = "http://" + ipStr + ":" + portStr;

conf.set("hadoop.job.ugi", "user,group"); // Usuario y grupos a los que pertenece

DistributedFileSystem dfs = new DistributedFileSystem();
dfs.initialize(new URI(uriStr), conf);
[/code]

[trace]
Exception in thread "main" java.net.SocketTimeoutException: timed out waiting for rpc response
at org.apache.hadoop.dfs.$Proxy0.getProtocolVersion(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC.getProxy(RPC.java:313)
at org.apache.hadoop.dfs.DFSClient.createRPCNamenode(DFSClient.java:102)
at org.apache.hadoop.dfs.DFSClient.<init>(DFSClient.java:178)
at org.apache.hadoop.dfs.DistributedFileSystem.initialize(DistributedFileSystem.java:68)
at examples.HadoopDFS.main(HadoopDFS.java:153)
[/trace]

Enviado desde Correo Yahoo! La bandeja de entrada más inteligente.