From komagal meenakshi <komagalmeenak...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject new to hadoop
Date Sat, 23 Aug 2008 06:01:18 GMT
hi everybody.......
we  are M.E software engineering students  using hadoop
we need to use map reduce  such that

 Basic Idea

   to do sequence alignment  for the fasta files.

     We will give a fasta (a file format) file of an organism as query....
     It  has to  be compared with the other input files  for sequence alignment
    and produce a score..
     We do this using biojava ie,to generate score.... and we got the score...
     Finally at the end of map-reduce we have to get the input file with the
      maximum score.....
can anyone help us to understand the map reduce flow........
can we get the input filename as key and score as value?
if so what is the intial key ,value?

we need all ur replies soon........
plz do reply to  komagalmeenakshi@yahoo.co.in

-with regards