From "Boris Musykantski" <bo...@iponweb.net>
Subject hadoop webdav with permission support
Date Sat, 30 Aug 2008 19:00:34 GMT
Hi, list

Some time ago there was a discussion on this list about exposing HDFS
through webdav. The almost complete code is in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-496.
We re-touched it a bit, updated it to work with 0.16 and 0.17 and put some
support for authentications and permissions.

The result is here : http://www.hadoop.iponweb.net/  together with
installation instructions and a small "demo" server to allow you to check
compatibility of the server with different clients.
(scroll all the way down if you are not interested in our thoughts on hadoop
framework in general)

We tested this with WinXP and Win2003 server and plan to use this in
production, so, quite naturally we are very interested in any feedback.
Also I'd want to thank the authors of the HADOOP-496 for the terrific work.

Regards
Boris