From "Qin Gao" <q...@cs.cmu.edu>
Subject Get information of input split from MapRunner?
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2008 21:14:33 GMT
Hi mailing,

I want to get information of current input split inside the MapRunner object
(or map function), however the only object I can get from the MapRunner is
the RecordReader, and I saw no method defined in RecordReader to fetch the
InputSplit object. Do you have any suggestions on this?

What I want to have is the start position of the input split and the length
of the split, as can be seen in the web interface. Because I am going to run
some task iteratively and some information need to be calculate for every
split and will not change in each iteration, if I can know which split I
need to deal with, then I can generate the information in the first
iteration and store them, then just load the right one in other iterations.

Best,
Qin