From "Paco NATHAN" <cet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: question on fault tolerance
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2008 18:05:11 GMT
just a guess,
for a long-running sequence of MR jobs, how's the namenode behaving
during that time? if it gets corrupted, one might see that behavior.

we have a similar situation, with 9 MR jobs back-to-back, taking much
of the day.

might be good to add some notification to an external process after
the end of each of those 3 MR jobs.

paco