From Frank Singleton <b17fly...@gmail.com>
Subject perms clarification for streaming
Date Sun, 31 Aug 2008 03:08:01 GMT
fedora 9
hadoop 0-18.0

observation

a python (for example) mapper used in streaming job
creates part-00000 etc with id of user.

eg: user1 submits job, their part-00000 has  rw-r--r-- user1 user1
     according to dfs -ls

but, side effects created by mapper (eg: programmatic file creation etc
from within the mapper) are owned by user hadoop.

I have used print os.environ['USER'] for the mappers and it display hadoop
when running as a job on the cluster, and side effect files appear to be
owned by hadoop
user also.

Are these observations correct, or have I missed something?

cheers / frank