From Mork0075 <mork0...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Why is scaling HBase much simpler then scaling a relational db?
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2008 15:48:08 GMT
Thank you, but i still don't got it.

I've read tons of websites and papers, but there's no clear und founded
answer "why use BigTable instead of relational databases".

MySQL Cluster seams to offer the same scalabilty and level of
abstraction, whithout switching to a non relational pardigm. Lots of
blog posts are highly emotional, without answering the core question:

"Why RDBMS don't scale and why something like BigTable do". Often you
read something like this:

"They have also built a system called BigTable, which is a Column
Oriented Database, which splits a table into columns rather than rows
making is much simpler to distribute and parallelize."

Why?

Really confusing ... ;)