From Mork0075 <mork0...@googlemail.com>
Subject Why is scaling HBase much simpler then scaling a relational db?
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2008 12:45:29 GMT
Hello,

can someone please explain oder point me to some documentation or
papers, where i can read well proven facts, why scaling a relational db
is so hard and scaling a document oriented db isnt?

So perhaps if i got lots of requests to my relational db, i would
duplicate it to several servers and partition the requests. So why this
doenst scale and why HBase for instance could manage this?

I'am really new to this topic and would like to dive in deeper.

Thanks a lot