From Amareshwari Sriramadasu <amar...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: help,error "...failed to report status for xxx seconds..."
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2008 05:23:51 GMT
The Mapred framework kills the map/reduce tasks if they dont report
status within 10 minutes. If your mapper/reducer needs more time they
should report status using
http://hadoop.apache.org/core/docs/current/api/org/apache/hadoop/mapred/Reporter.html
More documentation at
http://hadoop.apache.org/core/docs/current/mapred_tutorial.html#Reporter
You can increase the task timeout by setting mapred.task.timeout.

Thanks