From Jason Venner <ja...@attributor.com>
Subject Re: How can I control Number of Mappers of a job?
Date Sat, 02 Aug 2008 00:11:23 GMT
We control the number of map tasks by carefully managing the input split
size when we need to.
This may require using the multiplefileinput classes or aggregating your
input files before hand.
You need to have some aggregation either by contactination or the
MultipleFileInput if you have more input files than you want map tasks.

The case of 1 mapper per input file requires setting the inputsplitsize
to Long.MAX_SIZE (see the datajoin classes for examples)

--
Jason Venner
Attributor - Program the Web <http://www.attributor.com/>