From lohit <lohit...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: what is the correct usage of hdfs metrics
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2008 22:20:59 GMT
I have tried to connect to it via jconsole.
Apart from that I have seen people of this list use Ganglia to collect metrics or just dump
to a file.
To start off you could easily use FileContext (dumping metrics to file). Check out the metrics
config file (hadoop-metrics.properties) under conf directory.  Specify file name and period
to monitor the metrics.
Thanks,
Lohit

----- Original Message ----
From: Ivan Georgiev <ivan@kytex.bg>
To: core-user@hadoop.apache.org
Sent: Friday, August 8, 2008 4:39:36 AM
Subject: what is the correct usage of hdfs metrics

Hi,

I have been unable to find any examples on how to use the MBeans
provided from HDFS.
Could anyone that has any experience on the topic share some info.
What is the URL to use to connect to the MBeanServer ?
Is it done through rmi, or only through jvm ?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Please cc me as i am not a member of the list.

Regards:
Ivan