From Pallavi Palleti <pallavip...@gmail.com>
Subject possibility to start reducer only after mapper completed certain percentage
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2008 06:54:40 GMT

Hi,
 I have a dependency over mapper jobs completion time in my reducer
configure method. Where, I am building a dictionary by collecting the same
in pieces from mapper jobs. I will be using this dictionary in reduce()
method. Can some one please help me if I can put a constraint over reducer
startup time? I can use Thread.sleep() to get my work done. But I prefer if
I can put a constraint over reducer start time depending on the  percentage
of completion of mapper job.
 Can some one please help me in this?

Thanks
Pallavi