From savethequeen <truong...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop and Ganglia Meterics
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2008 10:15:39 GMT

I'm using the newest version 0.17.1, but I can't make it works (it works
with FileContext, but not with GangliaContext). The gmond and gmetad are
working fine. The hadoop run on my local machine only.

here is my hadoop-metrics.properties:
#
dfs.class=org.apache.hadoop.metrics.ganglia.GangliaContext
dfs.period=10
dfs.servers=localhost:8649

mapred.class=org.apache.hadoop.metrics.ganglia.GangliaContext
mapred.period=10
mapred.servers=localhost:8649

jvm.class=org.apache.hadoop.metrics.ganglia.GangliaContext
jvm.period=10
jvm.servers=localhost:8649
#
All the other lines are commented.

Is there any problem with it? Where can I find the patch for this version?
Thks.

Joe Williams wrote:

> Ah, yeah, I found that one. :) Patching
> 'java/org/apache/hadoop/mapred/JobInProgress.java' on 0.17.1.
>
> -joe
>

> Jason Venner wrote:
>> I have only applied this patch as far forward as 0.16.0
>>
>> Joe Williams wrote:
>>> Sweet, thanks.

XML

If so,