From "ruchir" <ruc...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Any InputFormat class implementation for Database records
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2008 10:54:52 GMT
Hi,

I want to know whether is there any implementation of InputFormat class in
Hadoop which can read data from Database instead of from HDFS while
processing any hadoop Job. We have application which gets data from user,
stores it into HDFS and runs hadoop job on that data. Now, we have users
whose data is already stored in database. Is there any such implementation
which we can use to read data from database directly?

I am aware of one such implementation, HBase, but heard that it is not
production ready.

Thanks in advance,

Ruchir