From "Richard Zhang" <richardtec...@gmail.com>
Subject Help: how to check the active datanodes?
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2008 20:17:40 GMT
Hi guys:
I am running hadoop on a 8 nodes cluster.  I uses start-all.sh to boot
hadoop and it shows that all 8 data nodes are started. However, when I use
bin/hadoop dfsadmin -report to check the status of the data nodes and it
shows only one data node (the one with the same host as name node) is
active. How could we know if all the data nodes are active precisely? Does
anyone has deal with this before?