From Allen Wittenauer ...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Restricting Job Submission Access
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2008 03:26:01 GMT

On 7/17/08 3:33 PM, "Theocharis Ian Athanasakis" <thatha@thatha.org> wrote:

> What's the recommended way to restrict access to job submissions and
> HDFS access, besides a firewall?

    We basically put bastion hosts (we call them "gateways") next to hadoop
that users use to submit jobs, access the HDFS, etc.  By limiting who can
get onto the gateways, we limit access.  We also use HOD, so we have all of
Torque's access and resource control capabilities as well.

    Not a replacement for real security, obviously.

    Oh, I think there might be some diagrams, pictures and other info  about
this in my preso on the hadoop wiki.