From Chris Douglas <chri...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: MapSide Join and left outer or right outer joins?
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2008 20:09:35 GMT
Sorry, I meant splits (partitions of input data). If you have n
datasets and m splits per dataset, m_i must contain the same keys for
all n. So if you're joining two datasets A and B sharing a key k, if
split i from A contains any instances of k, (a) split i from A must
contain all instances of k from A and (b) split i from B must contain
all instances of k from B. -C