From "Sandhya E" <sandhyabhas...@gmail.com>
Subject heterogeneous cluster
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2008 06:54:02 GMT
Hi

We currently have a cluster of 3 nodes, all of same
configuration[4cpu, 8GB RAM, 2TB]. Namenode website shows that DFS
used % is 30%[Nearly 700GB used per node]. The CPU utilization is
continuously remaining high for all the nodes in cluster. So to fit to
the needs of growing number of jobs that we are submitting to hadoop
cluster, planning to add more boxes [of smaller capacity, 2cpu, 8GB
RAM, 150GB]. So in long term, we want to grow the cluster with many
smaller capacity boxes and replace the larger capacity boxes.  To
start off we may be having a some of large boxes and some of smaller
ones in the cluster. Will this setup work fine.

Thanks & Regards
Sandhya