From cha...@students.iiit.ac.in
Subject taking lot of time in doing map task after 5% completion
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2008 21:18:20 GMT
Hi,
   We are working on conversion of 1.6 million text data inputs into
images , for this we are using hadoop but we are having a problem like
it is performing 1% of this job in 4 minutes and 3%-4% in 1 hr ... and
it is taking lot of time when it is proceeding to 100% . Is there any
thing wrong in my hadoop setup or any other problem . Because it works
too fast when i give a input of 1000 or 5000 taking only 23 sec - 1 min
13sec . my created image size will be around 13-30 kilobytes

 Thank you,

Regards,
Charan.T.
Chaitanya.VV.