From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ERROR dfs.NameNode - java.io.EOFException
Date Sat, 05 Jul 2008 08:36:37 GMT
Hm, tried it (simply edited with vi, removed the last line).  I did it with both edits file
and fsimage file (I see references to FSEditLog.java and FSImage.java in the stack trace below),
but that didn't seem to help.  Namenode just doesn't start at all.  I can't see any errors
in logs due to a failed startup, I just see that exception below when I actually try using
Hadoop.

What's the damage if I simply remove all of their content? (a la > edits and > fsimage)

Thanks,
Otis