From Amareshwari Sriramadasu <amar...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: JobTracker History data+analysis
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2008 06:42:07 GMT
HistoryViewer is used in JobClient to view the history files in the
directory provided on the command line. The command is
$ bin/hadoop job -history <history-dir>  #by default history is stored
in output dir.
outputDir in the constructor of HistoryViewer is the directory passed on
the command-line.

You can specify a location to store the history files of a particular
job using "hadoop.job.history.user.location". If nothing is specified,
the logs are stored in the job's
output directory i.e. "mapred.output.dir". The files are stored in
"_logs/history/" inside the directory.
Thanks
Amareshwari