From Yun.C...@Sun.COM
Subject how to setup hadoop client?
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2008 22:20:29 GMT
Hi all,

I am a newbie to hadoop, and am setting up a multi-node cluster.  I have
a trivial question on the HDFS.     In the hadoop doc it has a diagram
showing the client performs a read/write to the dfs, but it isn't clear
to me on how the client will be setup.  I assume you will have to
install the hadoop binaries, and connect to the namenode (master) to
access the dfs, like this:

#  ./hadoop dfs -fs hdfs://<master-hostname>:9000 -ls /

I need to do benchmark on create/read/write operations on hadoop dfs.
Any pointers appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

-Yun