From "Kylie McCormick" <kyliemccorm...@gmail.com>
Subject Writable readFields and write functions
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2008 22:39:42 GMT
Hi There!
I'm currently working on code for my own Writable object (called
ServiceWritable) and I've been working off LongWritable for this one. I was
wondering, however, about the following two functions:

public void readFields(java.io.DataInput in)
and
public void write(java.io.DataOutput out)

I have my own RecordReader object to read in the complex type Service, and I
also have my own Writer object to write my complex type ResultSet for
output. In LongWritable, the code is very simple:

value = in.readLong()
and
out.writeLong(value);

Since I am dealing with more complex objects, the ObjectWritable won't help
me. I'm a little confused with the interaction here between my RecordReader,
and Writer objects--because there does not seem to be any directly. Can
someone help me out here?

Thanks,
Kylie