From "Stuart Sierra" <m...@stuartsierra.com>
Subject Re: Bean Scripting Framework?
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2008 12:57:12 GMT
Just chiming in with another scripting alternative -- http://clojure.org/

Clojure is a Lisp-like language that compiles to Java bytecode.  It's
more tightly integrated with Java than ported languages like JRuby or

I've successfully used Clojure to write MapReduce jobs.  Look at the
Clojure mailing list or drop me a line if you're interested.

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 3:40 PM, Lincoln Ritter
<lincoln@lincolnritter.com> wrote:
> Hello all.
> Has anybody ever tried/considered using the Bean Scripting Framework
> within Hadoop?  BSF seems nice since it allows "two-way" communication
> between ruby and java.  I'd love to hear your thoughts as I've been
> trying to make this work to allow using ruby in the m/r pipeline.  For
> now, I don't need a fully general solution, I'd just like to call some
> ruby in my map or reduce tasks.
> Thanks!
> -lincoln
> --