From Marco <mellster2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: IllegalStateException: Job tracker still initializing
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2008 18:20:53 GMT
Update: Deleting the jobXXXX.tmp directory of the failed job on the dfs resolves the issue.

--- On Tue, 7/29/08, Marco <mellster2000@yahoo.com> wrote:
From: Marco <mellster2000@yahoo.com>
Subject: IllegalStateException: Job tracker still initializing
To: core-user@hadoop.apache.org
Date: Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 3:32 PM

Hi,

Using hadoop 0.17.1, we see this exception consistently after one job has run
and the dfs has been restarted. Unless we delete the dfs/data dir and reformat
the namenode, the start of a new job seems to be blocked by this exception. Is
there a workaround? Thanks

org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException:
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker$IllegalStateException: Job tracker still
initializing
    at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker.ensureRunning(JobTracker.java:1722)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker.getNewJobId(JobTracker.java:1730)
    at
    at
    at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler.run(Server.java:896)

    at $Proxy18.getNewJobId(Unknown Source)
    at
    at
    at
org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invokeMethod(RetryInvocationHandler.java:82)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invoke(RetryInvocationHandler.java:59)
    at $Proxy18.getNewJobId(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.submitJob(JobClient.java:696)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.runJob(JobClient.java:973)
    at ...