From "heyongqiang" <heyongqi...@software.ict.ac.cn>
Subject Re: NoSuchMethodException - question to ask Tom White (and others) :-)
Date Sun, 06 Jul 2008 02:22:19 GMT
in most cases, this error is  because u have not implemented the non-argument constructor explicitly.

Best regards,

Yongqiang He
2008-07-06

Email: heyongqiang@software.ict.ac.cn
Tel:   86-10-62600966(O)

Research Center for Grid and Service Computing,
Institute of Computing Technology,
Chinese Academy of Sciences
P.O.Box 2704, 100080, Beijing, China

发件人: Xuan Dzung Doan
发送时间: 2008-07-06 09:12:43
收件人: core-user@hadoop.apache.org
抄送:
主题: NoSuchMethodException - question to ask Tom White (and others) :-)

I'm writing a mapred app in Hadoop 0.16.4 in which I implement my own inputsplit, called BioFileSplit,
that extends FileSplit (it adds one int data field to FileSplit). Testing my program in Eclipse
yielded the exception trace that roughly looks as follows:

Task Id : task_200807011030_0004_m_000000_0, Status : FAILED
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: edu.bio.ec2alignment.BioFileSplit.
<init >()
    at org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.newInstance(ReflectionUtils.java:80)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskTracker$Child.main(TaskTracker.java:2084)
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: edu.bio.ec2alignment.BioFileSplit. <init >()
    at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructor(Class.java:1985)
    at org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.newInstance(ReflectionUtils.java:74)

I found on the net the following: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-2997?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12578250#action_12578250

In this, Tom White mentioned a bug that produced exception trace that looks similar to this.
Are these the same problem? If so, this issue has been taken care of in version 0.17.0, right
(issue HADOOP-3208?) ? I'd like Tom or others to verify this. I'm having a 0.16.4 environment
that is stable and I'm happy about; I'm not sure how stable 0.17.0 is, and want to justify
the decision to upgrade.

If these problems are not the same, can anyone suggest any idea about what the issue could
actually be?

Thanks,
David.

PS: And looks like version 0.17.0 is no longer available on the download page, but the latest
0.17.1 :-)