From Thibaut_ <tbr...@blue.lu>
Subject Re: Version Mismatch when accessing hdfs through a nonhadoop java application?
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2008 08:04:13 GMT

Jason Venner-2 wrote:

> When you compile from svn, the svn state number becomes part of the
> required version for hdfs - the last time I looked at it was 0.15.3 but
> it may still be happening.

Hi Jason,

Client and server are using the same library file (I checked it again,
hadoop-0.17.1-core.jar), so this shouldn't be a problem (both should be
using it)? I also had the same problem with earlier versions.

This is the startup message of the datanode

STARTUP_MSG: Starting DataNode
STARTUP_MSG:   host = bluelu-PC/192.168.1.130
STARTUP_MSG:   args = []
STARTUP_MSG:   version = 0.17.1
STARTUP_MSG:   build =
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/core/branches/branch-0.17 -r 669344;
compiled by 'hadoopqa' on Thu Jun 19 01:18:25 UTC 2008

Thibaut