From "Ashish Venugopal" <...@andrew.cmu.edu>
Subject HOD cluster could not be allocated message
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2008 15:06:56 GMT
Hi, I am using HOD on version 0.16.4, and I *occasionally* get the following
message

CRITICAL - Cannot allocate cluster /user/....
CRITICAL - Error 8 in allocating the cluster. Cannot run the script.

It seems that this message comes when the pool of machines is completely in
use, but my understanding was that the job would just be queued and would
wait till machines are available, but instead, I sometimes get the message
above.

Is there a timeout that governs this process that might need to be changed?

Error 8: is described in the documentation as below, but this doesnt seem to
shed light on what happened here

 8    Job tracker failure    Similar to the causes in DFS failure case.