From "Ted Dunning" <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is Hadoop the thing for us ?
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2008 15:49:43 GMT
This can work pretty well if you just use the list of parameter settings as
input.  The map task would run your simulation and output the data.  You may
not even need a reducer, although parallelized summary of output might be
very nice to have.  Because each of your sims takes a long time to run,
hadoop should be very efficient.

The only change you should need to make is to write a map class that
launches your simulation and copies whatever output you want into HDFS
instead of the local file system.  If you can get your sim to write to HDFS
directly that would be better.

--
ted