From "Jim R. Wilson" <wilson.ji...@gmail.com>
Subject [core-user] Help deflating output files
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2008 23:12:55 GMT
Hi all,

I'm using hadoop-streaming to execute Python jobs in an EC2 cluster.
The output directory in HDFS has part-00000.deflate files - how can I
deflate them back into regular text?

In my hadoop-site.xml, I unfortunately have:
<property>
  <name>mapred.output.compress</name>
  <value>true</value>
</property>
<property>
  <name>mapred.output.compression.type</name>
  <value>BLOCK</value>
</property>

Of course, I could re-build my AMI's without this option, but is there
some way I can read my deflate files without going through that
hassle?  I'm hoping there's a command-line program to read these files
since I'm none of my code is Java.

Thanks in advance for any help. :)

-- Jim R. Wilson (jimbojw)