From "Ashish Thusoo" <athu...@facebook.com>
Subject RE: Simple question: call collect multiple times?
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2008 20:32:57 GMT
I you are asking whether you can call collect many times for every row
being processed, the answer is yes. MR does not put any restrictions on
how many output key, value pairs you can produce for every input key
value pair.

-----Original Message-----
From: Colin Freas [mailto:colinfreas@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, June 09, 2008 12:59 PM
To: Hadoop
Subject: Simple question: call collect multiple times?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but in all my MR classes, I've only
ever called collect once, and now I find myself wanting to call collect
multiple times.  Looking at the API it seems like there shouldn't be a
problem with that, but I just wanted to make sure.  (...and to seed
Google with the answer for the next Hadooper that wonders.  ;)

View raw message