From Sheraz Sharif <she...@m3b.net>
Subject Image processing with Hadoop and PHP
Date Sun, 01 Jun 2008 15:38:38 GMT
Hi all,

I am new to Hadoop and have very little experience with java.
However, I am very experienced with PHP.  I've seen one web page
where a guy who wrote a map-reduce function in PHP, and others in
Python.

I would like to receive hundreds, if not thousands of images a day
and process them into thumbnails or other transformations (rotations,
cropping, composting).  The distributed part of Hadoop seems perfect
for this.  Can I use PHP to do the actual image processing?

I've seen one post last month about someone processing TIFF images,
but that was in Java.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Cheers!