From Chris Collins <ch...@scoutlabs.com>
Subject Re: client connect as different username?
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2008 00:17:56 GMT
The finer point to this is that in development you may be logged in as
user x and have a shared hdfs instance that a number of people are
using.  In that mode its not practical to sudo as you have all your
development tools setup for userx.  hdfs is setup with a single user,
what is the procedure to add users to that hdfs instance?  It has to
support it surely?  Its really not obvious, looking in the hdfs docs
that come with the distro nothing springs out.  the hadoop command
line tool doesnt have anything that vaguely looks like a way to create
a user.

Help is greatly appreciated.  I am sure its somewhere so blindingly
obvious.

How are other people doing other that sudoing to one single user name?

Thanks

ChRiS