From "YongChul Kwon" <godsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Sharing Hadoop cluster among multiple users
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2008 19:10:21 GMT
Hello all,

I deployed hadoop to a small cluster. The HDFS is running as user A.
Now user B comes in and wants to run a simple Map-Reduce task. The
Map-Reduce client creates all shared files in correct location
'/tmp/hadoop-B/mapred/system/...'. However, JobTracker, running as
user A, always tries to read the job related files from
'/tmp/hadoop-A/mapred/system/...'.

The questions are following.
a) Does everybody who wants to run map-reduce job have to launch one's
own JobTracker?
b) Do I have to set HOD for this? I really don't want to do this extra
since B is currently the only user running Map-Reduce.

Thank you,
YongChul