From "Tanton Gibbs" <tanton.gi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Upgrade from 0.16.3 to 0.17.0
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2008 17:19:20 GMT
1) Yes, that is normal.  You have to manually finalize the upgrade.
2) Probably, because (as I understand it), it keeps a backup of the
pre-upgraded state.
3) you can use hadoop dfsadmin -finalizeUpgrade to finalize it.  See
here: http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hadoop_Upgrade
4) I assume the finalizeUpgrade command will do that for you.