From Kayla Jay <kaylai...@yahoo.com>
Subject Working with XML / XQuery in hadoop
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2008 19:38:34 GMT
Hi

Just wondering if anyone out there works with and manipulates and stores XML data using Hadoop?
 I've seen some threads about XML RecordReaders and people who use that XML StreamXmlRecordReader
to do splits.  But, has anyone implemented a query framework that will use the hadoop layer
to query against the XML in their map/reduce jobs?

I want to know if anyone has done an XQuery or XPath executed within a haoop job to find something
within the XML stored in hadoop?

I can't find any samples or anyone else out there who uses XML data vs. traditional log text
data.

Are there any use cases of using hadoop to work with XML and then do queries against XML in
a distributed manner using hadoop?

Thanks.