From "Miles Osborne" <mi...@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Subject Re: getting hadoop job status/progress outside of hadoop
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2008 17:39:17 GMT
try this:

hadoop job  -Dmapred.job.tracker=hermitage:9001 -status
job_200806160820_0430

(and replace my job id with the one you want to track):

hadoop job  -Dmapred.job.tracker=hermitage:9001 -status
job_200806160820_0430

Job: job_200806160820_0430
file: /data/tmp/hadoop/mapred/system/job_200806160820_0430/job.xml
tracking URL:
http://hermitage:50030/jobdetails.jsp?jobid=job_200806160820_0430
map() completion: 1.0
reduce() completion: 0.20370372

Miles

--
The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland,
with registration number SC005336.