From Chris Collins <ch...@scoutlabs.com>
Subject Re: client connect as different username?
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2008 00:49:51 GMT
We know whomai is called, thanks, I found out painfully the first day
I played with this because in dev, my ide is started not from a
shell.  Therefor the path is not inherited to include /usr/bin.  Hdfs
client hides the actual fact that ProcessBuilder barfs with a file not
found with a "login exception", "whoami".  Not as clear as I would of
liked :-}|

You are referring to creating a directory in hdfs?  Because if I am
user chris and the hdfs only has user foo, then I cant create a
directory because I dont have perms, infact I cant even connect.  I
believe another emailer holds the answer which was blindly dumb on my
part for not trying, that of adding a user in unix and creating a
group that those users belong to.

Thanks

Chris