From Kayla Jay <kaylai...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: getting hadoop job status/progress outside of hadoop
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2008 18:21:17 GMT
What's the easiest way to determine what that job id is outside of hadoop so that the external
app can run this?

----- Original Message ----
From: Meng Mao <mengmao@gmail.com>
To: core-user@hadoop.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 1:51:58 PM
Subject: Re: getting hadoop job status/progress outside of hadoop

What if I'm not interested in which job is running but simply whether the
current job is not stalled or failed?
Is there a way I can avoid specifying a job by the job ID?
I apologize if there's some commandline documentation I'm missing,
but the commands change a bit from point version to version.

hustlin, hustlin, everyday I'm hustlin