From Andreas Kostyrka <andr...@kostyrka.org>
Subject Re: Problem logging into the master node in Amazon EC2
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 08:26:57 GMT
Well, the message says it clearly :-P

Some basic Unix knowledge that might help:

-) Permissions in unix are (r)ead/(w)rite/e(x)ecute for the user
(owner)/group/world.

-) for historic reasons, permissions are often given as octal numbers as in
this case. 0644 means rw for owner, r for group and world.

-) ssh does not like the fact that the private key file is readable by anyone
but the owner. As I don't use the EC2 scripts, I cannot tell you for sure,
BUT somewhere that 'private_key_file_path_and_name' is, and you need to run
chmod 600 private_key_file_path_and_name on it.

Andreas