From Chris Doherty <had...@randomcamel.net>
Subject Re: Monthly user group meeting
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2008 14:17:45 GMT
On Wed, Jun 04, 2008 at 07:56:45PM -0700, Otis Gospodnetic said:
> The videos from the Hadoop summit are still not available:
> http://developer.yahoo.com/blogs/hadoop/2008/04/hadoop_summit_slides_and_video.html
>
> And at this point it looks like they never will be available :(

I followed the link on that page to http://research.yahoo.com/node/2104
and was able to start watching the videos for Hive and Zookeeper, and the
Hadoop overview, on OS X in Firefox 2 and Webkit/Safari.

Does it produce errors for other people?

Chris

Owen O'Malley <oom@yahoo-inc.com>
> > Sent: Wednesday, June 4, 2008 6:00:01 PM
> > Subject: Monthly user group meeting
> >
> > The next user group meeting is scheduled for June 18th from 6-7:30 pm at
> > the Yahoo! Mission College campus (2821 Mission College, Santa Clara).
> > Registration, driving directions etc are at
> > http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/760573/
> >

> > Agenda:
> >
> > 1)       Hadoop at Facebook, Hive - Jeff Hammerbacher
> >
> > 2)       Using Zookeeper - Ted Dunning, Ben Reed
> >
> > ... And plenty of networking, as always.
> >

> > Ajay

Chris Doherty
chris [at] randomcamel.net

"I think," said Christopher Robin, "that we ought to eat
all our provisions now, so we won't have so much to carry."
               -- A. A. Milne