From Shihua Ma <beijing.j...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Anyone knows how to input the cluster racks architecture information?
Date Sat, 28 Jun 2008 13:24:35 GMT

Richard Zhang wrote:

Richard Zhang-2 wrote:

> Hi Guys:
> I am running map reduce job on the 20 nodes cluster. I have the
> architecture
> of the cluster such as how the racks are organized. How to input these
> information into hadoop?
> I suppose these information should be useful for hadoop. But, when
> searching
> the code, I did not find any class/methods are using such information.
> Does anyone knows how to input the cluster racks architecture information
> into hadoop and how hadoop uses this?
> Thanks.
> Richard

The document of
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12345251/Rack_aware_HDFS_proposal.pdf
rack awareness  can answer your question that how to input the cluster racks
architecture information into hadoop.You can specifies a script through
configuration of "dfs.network.script" that print the network location path
of the current machine.

Josh ma :  http://www.hadoop.org.cn http://www.hadoop.org.cn