From novice user <pallavip...@gmail.com>
Subject Getting "No job jar file set. User classes may not be found." error when running a map-reduce job in hadoop-0.17
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2008 10:23:26 GMT

Hi,
 I am running a simple code and I am getting error as " No job jar file set.
User classes may not be found. See JobConf(Class) or
JobConf#setJar(String)".  I am not able to figure what would have gone
wrong.
Some details of the problem are:
I have recently upgraded hadoop to 0.17.
I have set new JobConf(Sample.class). Where Sample.class is the class from
where I am running this job.
also tried with jobconf.setJarByClass(Sample.class) too.

Can some one please help me in this regard?

Thanks